Why do I ask? It seems that many people walk through life with blinders on. I am curious about this idea, because I question if they are happy. Happiness is a fleeting state just like, sadness, jealousy, anger, etc. which means that no human can feel happy all the time.
According to the Divine, there are ways to increase happiness and I want to share a few of those with you now. As you read through this list, keep in mind that whatever we feel is a choice. Nobody can make us feel a certain way. We often personalize what others say or do as being about us, but in reality this is an untruth we are choosing to live by.
Think about the woman who cut you off in traffic, or your partner who yelled at you, or your elderly parent who no longer knows your name, or your boss who ignored the amazing work you did on the last project, and the list goes on. Unless you intentionally did something to illicit such a response, their behavior has nothing to do with you.
Again, nobody can make you feel the way you do. If you are affected by somebody, clear your energy field by asking Archangel Michael to clear all energy that does not belong to you from your aura, and to cut, heal and seal all cords and attachments that may be affecting you in a negative way. Take a deep breath and as you breath back in choose to feel what you want to feel. I hope that is happiness 🙂 Below are five ways to increase happiness. Let me know how they work for you.
- Be mindful of your daily activities: When you are standing bored or impatient in a line at the grocery store look around for a child or elderly person who you can make eye contact with, smile and feel the difference you just made.
- Be mindful of your surroundings: Not too long ago I was busy moving and failed to see a beautiful hibiscus flower in my new yard, I immediately felt sad and made a conscious decision to check the plant everyday until the next bloom. To my surprise it was larger and brighter than I had thought it would be. Looking for the little things that often go unnoticed can bring back childhood innocence that many of us have misplaced.
- Take time to rejuvenate: A bath, a walk in the woods or on the beach, sitting quietly or meditating can all be ways to take a breather.
- Take care of you: Doing something special for yourself by building in treats/presents of some variety (these can be inexpensive) throughout the workweek can be beneficial towards building a happy life, because the time you spend on you allows you to view yourself as important, worthwhile, and eventually helps you to love yourself completely even with all your idiosyncrasies.
- Increase your gratitude quotient: constantly look for things you are grateful for and slowly change your outlook to gratitude which will increase your overall happiness instead of the negative, crappy feelings we are all so used to.
That’s enough for now. The Divine wants us to be happy, so I say we need to make sure we are indeed happy 🙂 Until next time…XOXOXO